Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Crown of Midnight




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas

Release date: August 27, 2013

An assassin’s loyalties are always in doubt.
But her heart never wavers.



After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.

Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice.

Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?




What are you waiting on?



post signature

9 comments:

  1. Great pick Erika! I still have yet to read this first one, but now that the second cover is released I'm so excited to pick it up!

    Happy Reading!
    My WoW: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-27-another-little.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the cover and I'm totally excited for this book! I love Throne of Glass :D


    Check out my Wating on Wednesday pick!

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover!! I still haven't read the first book of the series but I need to read it soon.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cover! I have the first book on my Kindle, but I haven't read it yet! They both sound so kick ass!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen a few of the WoW posts with this same book. I haven't read the first book but I really want to. I love the covers on both of these and they sounds awesome.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had the chance to read Throne of Glass yet but I really like the sound of this one. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! I actually have read Throne of Glass and at the time I loved it just as much as everyone else...lately, though I'm not sure I'm into the story as much anymore. Anyway, I guess I'll start reading all those novellas - and then I'm hopefully going to be up for book two :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I am so excited for this one!! Absolutely loved the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is my Iphone wallpaper right now hahaha

    new gfc follower

    follow back?

    WoW

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html#links

    INT Giveaway Win a signed copy of Unravel Me and Shatter Me T-Shirts

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/03/signed-booksgiveaway300-followers.html#links

    ReplyDelete