Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Witchfall




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



Witchfall by Victoria Lamb

Release date: July 4, 2013

London, 1554. At the court of Mary Tudor, life is safe for no one. The jealous, embittered queen sees enemies all around her, and the infamous Spanish Inquisition holds the court in its merciless grip. But Meg Lytton has more reason to be afraid than most - for Meg is a witch, and exposure would mean certain death. Even more perilous, Meg is secretly betrothed to the young priest Alejandro de Castillo; a relationship which they must hide at all costs.

In the service of the queen's sister, Princess Elizabeth, Meg tries to use her powers to foretell her mistress's future. But when a spell goes terribly wrong, and Meg begins to have horrifying dreams, she fears she has released a dark spirit into the world, intent on harming her and those around her

This is the second book in Victoria Lamb's series about Meg Lytton. The first book is called Witchstruck.

What are you waiting on?



post signature

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one before. I don't usually read a lot of historical fiction but this has an interesting concept and I love the forbidden love aspect. :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this series but it sounds really interesting. I read historical fiction from time to time so I'll definitely look more into this one. Great pick :)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, these sound pretty darn cool! Love that it mixes Paranormal and Historical Fiction!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to this book too - really enjoyed book 1!

    ReplyDelete