Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Wild Awake



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith

Release date: May 28, 2013

Things you earnestly believe will happen while your parents are away:

1. You will remember to water the azaleas.
2. You will take detailed, accurate messages.
3. You will call your older brother, Denny, if even the slightest thing goes wrong.
4. You and your best friend/bandmate Lukas will win Battle of the Bands.
5. Amid the thrill of victory, Lukas will finally realize you are the girl of his dreams.

Things that actually happen:

1. A stranger calls who says he knew your sister.
2. He says he has her stuff.
3. What stuff? Her stuff.
4. You tell him your parents won’t be able to—
5. Sukey died five years ago; can’t he—
6. You pick up a pen.
7. You scribble down the address.
8. You get on your bike and go.
9. Things . . . get a little crazy after that.*
*also, you fall in love, but not with Lukas.

Both exhilarating and wrenching, Hilary T. Smith’s debut novel captures the messy glory of being alive, as seventeen-year-old Kiri Byrd discovers love, loss, chaos, and murder woven into a summer of music, madness, piercing heartbreak, and intoxicating joy.

What are you waiting on?



post signature

18 comments:

  1. This sounds so amazing, it's a new one for me but one that I will definitely be reading!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my tbr also. I can't wait to read it! Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds amazing. I've been waiting for this one ever since I first heard of it. Great pick
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get my hands on this one! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good, and it was not on my radar at all until now! Thanks for sharing!

    Check out MINE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds exciting! I'll have to add it to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. heard a ton of mixed reviews on this one but the synopsis makes it sound like it'll be a TON of fun right?

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been seeing so much buzz for this one! Love the cover too. Great pick! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds so good, right? Plus, the cover makes me want to read it! And Gayle Forman put a blurb on it!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    Emily @ Counting in Bookcases... New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds interesting!Going to have to read it when it comes out!
    New follower
    ~Ashley
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The connections that you make early in your career will take you far. After 20 years it is still true for me. This has been true regarding companies I worked for and those I worked with. All you have written is excellent advice.


    large outdoor light boxes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for your comment. I am wating for this information. Join now to share
    Love it, will be waiting for your future posts Thank you for sharing

    University of Phoenix Online

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it when things get improved, thanks for putting up a great guide. Hope it will help me out in my future projects

    fast food signs

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually like to recommend your pages to my other friends. You have a very captivating layout and useful ideas which I appreciate the most.
    online schooling

    ReplyDelete