Monday, March 25, 2013

Book in Review: Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer



Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Published by Fewel and Friends, 2013
Goodreads

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.

Why I Read This:

I read Cinder last year and found it refreshing and fun. I wanted to continue the series...

Thoughts:

When I finished this book, I didn't want to think about anything else. I wanted to stay immersed in the world Marissa Meyer has created here. It's dark, it's fun, it's a fairytale. Where else can you get that?

Scarlet is Marissa Meyer's answer to the Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale, and even though I was worried about starting a new story while Cinder's was unfinished, I really enjoyed this one. Quite a bit, I might add. The best part about this is with multiple points of view I was still indulged in a lot Cinder's tale.

Scarlet starts off right where Cinder leaves off so there is no in between time. I felt like this adding to the overall action-packed feel of the book. I also found it so refreshing as many series nowadays have some missing in-between period that we need to learn about throughout the course of the story. I hate that because it often makes the book feel like a "filler" story even when it's not. This problem is completely non-existent in Scarlet.

Scarlet and Wolf were both amazing characters and I was so happy to have finally met them. Every time I got a glimpse of Cinder's story I was so glad to see what was going on in her life and completely immersed myself in her story. On the other hand, Scarlet and Wolf had such great chemistry and awesomeness going on that every time the story switched back to them I was equally immersed in their stories as well.

I wont go into too much detail (no spoilers here) but to say the only thing I didn't quite enjoy was that the wolf gang thing was a tad too over the top for me.

I already want Cress, and I can't wait to see where the story takes us readers next!

My Rating:



Disclaimer: I bought my copy.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Glad you mostly enjoyed this one!! I am suchhh a fan of this series, as you know. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the article you wrote here; it is very informative and useful for the internet users like me. I will come back to read more your posts and I have bookmarked your post as well. gold buyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to extend my greatest appreciation with the article you post me really love to read it

    affordable moving company sacramento

    ReplyDelete