Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Interview with Nyrae Dawn, author of What A Boy Wants


I'm really excited to have Nyrae Dawn with us today! If you've been following my blog this past week, you might have noticed that I recently read some of her books and loved them! Thank you to Nyrae for agreeing to an interview with me :)

Tell us a little about yourself and the book(s) you've written...


I’m a huge romantic at heart who loves getting lost in books—both reading and writing them. Contemporary fiction is close to my heart and I also really like male point of view books. WHAT A BOY WANTS is the first one I’ve written and I had a blast writing Sebastian and his antics.

Do you have a favourite line or two from one of your book(s)? What is it?


From WHAT A BOY WANTS, please tend to like: “We had our first cup of soy milk together. People bond over that sh*t”

What is your favourite thing about writing?

Everything! LOL. I love telling stories. I love giving happily ever afters. I love making friends and silly as it sounds, my characters become like friends to me. I also love touching a reader’s life, even if it’s only a few hours of entertainment.

How do you choose the names for your characters?


Some I have to put thought into and others are just there. From the beginning Sebastian was always Sebastian. Nothing else would have worked for him.

How do you relax after a long day of writing?

Social networking. LOL. I’m kidding. I love to relax and spend time with my husband and kids.

If you weren't writing what do you think you'd be doing?


That’s hard. I was a stay-at-home mom before I started writing. Well, I still am, I just do both. I’ve worked in hospitals, but to me, I can’t imagine not being a writer.

What was life like for you when YOU were a teen?

FUN. I loved high school. I went to a small school in a small town (98 kids in my graduating class). Everyone was cool to everyone. I had some great friends in high school.

Do you have pets? Can you tell us a little about them?

We have one dog named Oso. She’s a great dog though she does have some anxiety issues. Poor girl. She’s happy and loves playing chase with my girls though.

Who is your hero? Why?

My husband. He’s an incredible person and has overcome a lot.

Do you have a book crush? Who is it?


Kaidan Rowe from Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins.

What advice would you give your teen readers about life?

Be yourself. Be happy. Find happiness even if it’s not what others idea of happiness is. That you can do and be anything you want. I know that sounds cheesy, but I believe it.

Thank you for sharing with us today, Nyrae! Learn more about Nyrae and What A Boy Wants below:


Courtesy of watching his mom’s relationships, Sebastian Hawkins knows what girls need to do to get a guy. He has what he considers a PHD in hooking up. When he needs extra cash for a car, Sebastian starts up an online venture as The Hook-up Doctor, to anonymously help girls land the guy of their dreams. Of course, his services don’t offer a happily-ever-after guarantee. He’s seen firsthand getting together never means staying together.

And then he falls in love…

With the last girl he would expect…

Totally not in his game plan.

Suddenly, Sebastian finds himself muddled in the game he’s always prided himself on. He can’t even pick up girls at parties anymore! Why would anyone want to be in love when it turns you into a stuttering, screwed-up, mess with really lame stalker tendencies? Stalking? Totally not his gig.

But the Hook-up Doctor won’t let himself go down easily. He’s always known how to give a girl what she wants and now it’s time to figure out what a boy wants… and he definitely plans on getting it.

Buy it on Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.

Or add it to your Goodreads list.

My review of What a Boy Wants and What A Boy Needs.


About the author:

Writing has always been Nyrae Dawn’s passion. There have been times in her life where she wasn’t able to chase that dream the way she desired, but she always found her way back to telling stories.

One of her loves has always been writing about teens. There’s something so fresh and fun about the age that she loves exploring. Her husband says it’s because she doesn’t want to grow up. She doesn’t think that’s such a bad thing and luckily for her, he doesn’t either.

Nyrae gravitates toward character-driven stories. She loves going on emotional journeys with characters whether it be reading or writing. And yes, she’s a total romantic at heart and proud.

Nyrae resides in sunny Southern California with her husband (who still makes her swoon) and her two awesome kids.

When she’s not with her family, you can be pretty sure you’ll find her with a book in her hand or her laptop and an open document in front of her.

Find her on her Official website, Blog, Twitter, Facebook and  Goodreads.




post signature

1 comment:

  1. Very fun, I'm excited to read 'What A Boy Wants'! I've read two of Nyrae's other titles this week and really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete