Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:





Survive by Alex Morel

Release date: August 2, 2012
Hatchet meets Lost in this modern-day adventure tale of one girl's reawakening

Jane is on a plane on her way home to Montclair, New Jersey, from a mental hospital. She is about to kill herself. Just before she can swallow a lethal dose of pills, the plane hits turbulence and everything goes black. Jane wakes up amidst piles of wreckage and charred bodies on a snowy mountaintop. There is only one other survivor: a boy named Paul, who inspires Jane to want to fight for her life for the first time.

Jane and Paul scale icy slopes and huddle together for warmth at night, forging an intense emotional bond. But the wilderness is a vast and lethal force, and only one of them will survive.
 
What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a good read!! I love the cover it's pretty but kind of has a haunting edge to it! Great pick. If you have a moment here is MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I love stories about survival but I also love that there is more to the main character in this one than that. Great pick! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree there with sara. She totally said what I though. Awesome pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this sounds SO INTENSE. I'd never heard of this before. Thank you!!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm sounds really interesting. **new follower via GFC** www.bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this was my WoW pick a few weeks ago, it sounds really good right? Can't wait to read it ^_^.

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of this but it sounds great!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great choice!!

    Love the blog! I followed on GFC.

    my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like such an amazing read! I'm so thankful she didn't succeed with the suicide.

    I live close to Monclair NJ which is a little weird! Haha, my area must slowly be growing more popular!

    Great pick. I'm a long-time follower that seems to love your taste in books!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. The book sounds interesting but it doesn´t sound like "Lost" to me.
    thanks for sharing.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never heard of this pick! Sounds really interesting! Am Following you now-- great site!

    Please take a look at my blog if you have a chance!
    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete