Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:




Debutantes by Cora Harrison

Release date: August 2, 2012
It’s 1923 and London is a whirl of jazz, dancing and parties. Violet, Daisy, Poppy and Rose Derrington are desperate to be part of it, but stuck in an enormous crumbling house in the country, with no money and no fashionable dresses, the excitement seems a lifetime away.

Luckily the girls each have a plan for escaping their humdrum country life: Rose wants to be a novelist, Poppy a jazz musician and Daisy a famous film director. Violet, however, has only one ambition: to become the perfect Debutante, so that she can go to London and catch the eye of Prince George, the most eligible bachelor in the country.

But a house as big and old as Beech Grove Manor hides many secrets, and Daisy is about to uncover one so huge it could ruin all their plans—ruin everything—forever.
 
What are you waiting on this Wednesday?
 

8 comments:

  1. The cover looks really pretty! And I think the blurb sounds really interesting. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The premise is interesting. I like that time period. Great pick! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cover! I really want to add this to my Historical collection. :D

    ComaCalm's WoW Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time hearing of this! I am not much into historical, but awesome pick! :)

    Check out my Wednesday Post :)
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I've heard so much about this one! I really can't wait! :D

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cover is absolutely gorgeous, and the blurb sounds really interesting too. I wonder if it'll end up branching into some kind of fantasy genre as well as historical.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cover and it sounds really good! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh the roaring 20's I don't think I've read a book set in this era yet which is a shame because it sounds like a fun time period. I hope you enjoy it!

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete