This summer three bloggers are gathering together in support of reading.
Erika at One A Day Y.A.
Ashley at Book Labyrinth
Cathy at The Crazy Bookworm
What we are doing
We are reading books from our TBR lists. It's so easy to get distractrated when it comes to choosing the next book to read. New books come along, library finds are intriguing, and don't forget that random buy at the store! This challenge is designed to encourage us to read the books on our list. Since most of us also have a huge TBR list, it's also designed to make our choices limited and therefore easier to pick our next read.
When we are doing it
The challenge will run from June 1st to August 31st, 2012
- Make a list of 25 books you'd like to read this summer (or which you've been meaning to read for a while) from your TBR list
- Make a goal of how many books you'd like to read off this list during the summer
- The only rule is you cannot change the books that you added to your list of 25 options once it is posted
I want to read 15 books from my list this summer.
Collectively, we want to read 48 books off our lists this summer
My list includes a mix of books from my stacks and my kindle, ARCs and finished copies, review books and personal books. They are all books I've been meaning to get to for a while and would feel so accomplished if I managed to read even half of these during the summer.
1. Getting Somewhere by Beth Neff
2. Winging It by Deborah Cooke
3. Blazing the Trail by Deborah Cooke
4. Surrender by Elana Johnson
5. Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough
6. Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins
7. Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Clair
8. Starters by Lissa Price
9. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
10. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
11. Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
12. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
13. This One Time With Julia by David Lampson
14. How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
15. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
16. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
17. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
18. Slide by Jill Hathaway
19. The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal
20. Half Brother by Kenneth Oppel
21. Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
22. Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card
23. Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott
24. Witchstruck by Victoria Lamb
25. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Want to read the reviews of the books we've finished? You can find them linked below.
Cheer us on! Prizes are to be had!
At the end of the summer if we (Erika, Ashley, and Cathy) meet our group goal, Erika will be giving away a prize on each of our blogs. Cheer us on and help us reach our goal!