Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Life, My Books - May




My Life, My Books is a new feature here at One A Day Y.A. where I share everything (Y.A. and) bookish that has been happening in my life in the past month whether that be on the blog, getting new books, watching tv and movies or anything else related to books and literature.

Let's get started!!!





My favourite read was



Beneath a Meth Moon by Jacqueline Woodson

My review is here. You can also find it on Goodreads and Amazon.

A Close Second



Insurgent by Veronica Roth

My review is here. You can also find it on Goodreads and Amazon.

I read and reviewed

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (5/5)
Insurgent by Veronica Roth (4/5) 
The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland (3/5)
Possession by Elana Johnson (3/5)
Most Likely by Craig Hanson (3/5) (Suddenly Books review (Christian))
Beneath a Meth Moon by Jacqueline Woodson (5/5)

 I also reviewed

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (5/5)
Audition by Stasia Ward Kehoe (3/5)


I read but did not review

The Green by Karly Kirkpatrick (3/5)
Tyler's Mountain Magic by Malcom Ater (4/5)





Most excited about




Insurgent by Veronica Roth (bought)


Favourite Cover




Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley (bought)


And here's a list of all the books that came my way this month:

Listed in alphabetical order and linked to Goodreads

Blazing the Trail by Deborah Cooke (for review)
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood (library)
Insurgent by Veronica Roth (bought)
Misunderstood: Healing Jason Sutter by Jay Sherfey (for review)
The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow by Lorin K. Barber (for review)
Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley  (bought)
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (bought)
Scars by Cheryl Rainfield (for review)
Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins (for review)

It was extremely difficult choosing a most excited about and a favourite cover to feature this time around!

There is no Goodreads description of Healing Jason Sutter. This book is about a thirteen year old boy in 1962 diagnosed as pyschotic. He is given medicine and as time goes by discovers that he is telepathic. It sounded extremely interesting!





The Secret Circle 
(The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith) 


I only had two episodes of this show left and somehow only managed to watch one in the entire month of May. I have no idea how that's possible. I was starting to get tired of the plot though (it was going nowhere). I'm a little sad that it was cancelled, but mostly because that doesn't give it the chance to rebuild an awesome story again. And just when L.J. Smith's ideas from the original book were starting to show up too!

The Nine Lives of Chloe King
(The Nine Lives of Chloe King by Celia Thompson)

 
I watched the first episode of this show. It was a really interesting idea but I thought the book would probably be much more interesting than the show. I might still watch more of it either way but I found out it was also cancelled after only 10 episodes.

Are you watching a tv show that is based off a book? Don't forget to vote for the book on my Goodreads listopia list: Books that are also tv shows





I had some great authors on this month including

(author of Pretty Amy)

[No author photo]
(author of Don't Fear the Reaper)

(author of Getting Somewhere)

I also worked on blog design. Check out the new sidebar----->>>>

I added "Recent Posts", shortened "Popular Posts", added a little bit about the blog, and added a whole bunch of buttons which replaced my list of labels. I had lots of fun creating them. I am also using them in my posts.

I also brought back Under-Cover Sundays, a feature I started last year but haven't posted on this year until earlier in the month. If anyone has a Y.A. hardcover with some kind of imprint/picture under the dust jacket, I would really appreciate getting a picture of it to feature on the blog. (You would be credited for the help!)





Not much has been happening in my 'real' life this month in the way of books. I didn't go anywhere special or meet anyone special either. It was a boring boring month unless you count my very exciting month in blogging and the books I received for review. I did manage to go to the library twice but the books I did pick up were put on hold for me. I didn't even get a chance to browse this time :(


I hope everyone had a lovely month!

Remember to leave a comment about your own month in books. 


I'd love to hear from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment