Sunday, May 20, 2012

Under-Cover Sundays (16): Linger by Maggie Stiefvater



Last year I started a feature here titled "Under-Cover Sundays". The idea was to share that extra-special touch publishers sometimes put into a book, under the dust jacket of a hard cover. I've found a few more and decided to keep on sharing, starting with today's book.

Today's under cover book is Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2) by Maggie Stiefvater. As a frame of reference for why some of these are so great, I have included the dust jacket covers and the book summaries in these posts. So here we go!


Dust Jacket & Summary:


In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

Under the cover!




What do you think?


4 comments:

  1. i never knew it had a leaf

    so cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have the other two in paperback. Now I wonder what Shiver and Forever have, if anything.

      Delete
  2. I love when they do this!! It makes the book extra special! Also, in the book Bedbugs by Ben Winter, I loved [and was also mildly creeped out lol] by all the hundreds of wee bedbugs they *printed/scattered* throughout the pages - ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh...I love when they do that inside the book too. Especially when it's a creepy book. Makes it even creepier!

      Delete