Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bloggiesta, I'm done!




Well, I'm done! I finished every task I had planned for the weekend and even some of the mini-challenges for Bloggiesta. If you missed my post Friday and don't know what Bloggiesta is, you can go here to see my original post.

I spent most of Friday working on small things like adding LinkWithin, sidebar maintenance, adding widgets, and creating a blog button. I can't believe I've gone so long without a blog button. Here it is:


Saturday I spent working on mini-challenges. I revamped my interview / guest archive, added Google Alerts (I will now be notified if someone blogs about me, that way I can know about it and comment back right away!), I wrote a couple reviews and posted them up on the blog, and worked my butt off on getting all my emails organized, authors responded to and email some authors I've been wanting to have on the blog.

I spent today working on more reviews, on the guest post I promised Jacinda of The Reading Housewives, and just plain thinking about things!

During the weekend, I also commented as much blogs as I could, looked through other mini-challenges and participant posts, responded to reader comments, and twittered with my fellow #bloggiesta participants.

It was a lot of work and I spent way too much time on the computer than I probably should have.

Here is what my To-Do List looked like for the weekend:
  • write out my to-do list for the weekend
  • add LinkWithin widget
  • create a blog button to add to sidebar
  • add upcoming blog tour buttons to sidebar
  • update my list of recommended reads on sidebar and link to reviews
  • create a page/challenge/giveaway for Poetry Month
  • write my guest post for Award Winning Reads
  • email authors for future participation (interviews, guest posts, giveaways)
  • organize emails more and reply to review requests
  • write reviews (Done: Inside Out, Delirium, Far From You, Living Dead Girl)
  • participate in the mini-challenges for Bloggiesta (Done: Sidebar help), Make some pages, Flashback challenge: Set up alerts, Write reviews faster)
  • Twitter more kindle deals on @YAKindleDeals
  • write my wrap-up post for the weekend 
  •  
I was told by a fellow participant that she finds striking through her tasks as she finishes them very satisfying. I did the same thing, and have to say that I agree. Plus, it was fun to travel around and see that others were making progress.

Now that I'm done what do I plan on doing? Well, I need some rest but why not do something bookish? I'll be watching the latest episode of The Secret Circle, followed by reading more of the book, and then checking out all the finishing posts from other participants later on.


 Thank you Bloggiesta for such a wonderful and satisfying weekend!


10 comments:

  1. Wow! You accomplished a ton! Way to go! Love the new blog button too, it's perfect! Hopefully you can continue to revisit the challenges on your own and still keep learning. Enjoy and thanks so much for participating in Bloggiesta! We'll see you again in September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will have to keep going through the mini-challenges. I only got to look at a few and some of the other ones look really interesting. The writing reviews faster challenge really helped to motivate me to get more reviews done than I thought I would. See you in September!

      Delete
  2. You got lots done and I love your blog button!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lot of work but well worth it :)

      Delete
  3. Woohoo! You accomplished all your goals!! Congrats!

    <3
    Vanessa
    Book ♥ Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now I want to go see what everyone else has accomplished.

      Delete
  4. Hi there Erika, I know what you mean about the finality and satisfying act of striking through your list, that felt great, right? Sadly, we weren't able to do a strike-through on all of our goals, but we were pretty pleased with what we accomplished. And you were able to do FOUR reviews! Wow, that's amazing indeed. A Congratulations is definitely in order. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty great to write four reviews this weekend :) I still have more to go but now I don't feel so behind. Too bad you couldn't get your goals. Hopefully you still got through enough to feel sastified with you did accomplish.

      Delete
  5. You did great!!! Striking through things does feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love physically crossing things off a list - it feels so good to see what's done. I got most of my goals done and have already started creating a list for the next bloggiesta, which keeps growing as I continue to read everyone's wrap up!

    ReplyDelete