Friday, March 30, 2012

Bloggiesta To Do List


So, I'm participating in Bloggiesta this year! It runs from Friday March 30th to April 1st and the idea is to spend as much time possible working on our to list for our blogs and connecting with other bloggers.

Here is a little more information from our host, It's All About Books

Welcome to the starting line for Bloggiesta... the blogging party led by our fearless mascot PEDRO (Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize.) and created several years ago by Natasha from Maw Books Blog (who is enjoying a brand new baby girl at her house!) The idea behind Bloggiesta is to keep Pedro happy by spending these next three days working on perfecting your blog and connecting with other bloggers doing the same thing.

Here is my own To-Do List for the weekend:

  • write out my to-do list for the weekend
  • add LinkWithin widget
  • create a blog button to add to sidebar
  • add upcoming blog tour buttons to sidebar
  • update my list of recommended reads on sidebar and link to reviews
  • create a page/challenge/giveaway for Poetry Month
  • write my guest post for Award Winning Reads
  • email authors for future participation (interviews, guest posts, giveaways)
  • organize emails more and reply to review requests
  • write reviews (Done: Inside Out, Delirium, Far From You, Living Dead Girl)
  • participate in the mini-challenges for Bloggiesta (Done: Sidebar help), Make some pages, Flashback challenge: Set up alerts, Write reviews faster)
  • Twitter more kindle deals on @YAKindleDeals
  • write my wrap-up post for the weekend

Wish me luck!

12 comments:

  1. Hi there fellow participant. I would recommend the linkwithin widget for sure :) I have it on one of my blogs and it is so useful :) Too bad that I can't have it on both because then it gets confused and links to the other blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would be confusing! I was at one point linking to related posts myself but keep forgetting to do that. LinkWithin to the rescue! I'll go check out your list as well.

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo for Bloggiesta! I dont know what linked within is...LOL... maybe I will learn this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LinkedWithin is the widget that appears at the bottom of posts that says "You might also like:". It does all the work for you, figuring out what posts are related so readers can hop around your blog finding older posts they might like to read. It is really quite awesome. I've added it now so you can see it at the bottom of this page. It was super-easy to install!

      Delete
  3. Is Linked Within only available on Blogger?

    You're moving right along, Erica. Sorry it took me so long to come visit after you stopped by mine earlier...the day got away from me!

    Keep the party going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I am getting a bit done today. I wish it was more but hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have actually accomplished a lot.

    About LinkWithin - I couldn't remember so I checked. LinkWithin has options for Blogger, Wordpress (self hosted) and Typepad. I have never had a Wordpress blog so I don't know what the (self hosted) part of that is supposed to mean. Here is the link:

    http://www.linkwithin.com/learn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're getting through things! You've got a great blog here--I look forward to reading more from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for the huge compliment. I do hope you stick around to read more :D I'm really happy with what I've done so far. Bloggiesta is wonderful!

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to reading your guest post! You've done a great job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, you've managed to cross off so many things on your list! Good luck with the rest, I hope you accomplish everything this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've got almost everything done. That is good work! If you're still at it, good luck with the last few hours.

    Judith from Leeswammes' Blog (http://leeswammes.wordpress.com) - commenting system doesn't accept my WP ID.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're almost done! Congrats! Glad I found your blog through Blogiesta! Another YA blog to follow. :) And, I'm definitely going to follow the YAKindleDeals twitter. I'm always on the lookout for good deals! Good luck finishing up the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete