Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
 
 
 
This One Time With Julia by David Lampson
 
Release date: February 2, 2012

The story of Joe, a boy who can fall in love but can’t grow up

After Joe’s parents died, he stopped growing up. He doesn’t know where his money comes from. His diet consists primarily of cheeseburgers from McDonald’s. He plays basketball on the level of
a pro, but he has only ever played on the streets.

Then his brother disappears, and Julia shows up. Joe falls in love with Julia as quickly as his twin brother, Alvin, did. And like Alvin did before him, he runs away with Julia to her parents’ hotel. There, he’s so blinded by her seductive, dysfunctional family that he can’t see the truth of his brother’s disappearance
… until he accidentally stumbles upon Alvin’s killer.
 
What are you waiting on this Wednesday?
 

5 comments:

  1. This book looks so creepy/awesome! I requested it. Fingers crossed!

    My WoW/Awesome Cover Reveal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, that sounds sooooo good!!!! Thanks for sharing it :) Great pick!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through the WoW signup. This book sounds really good! I had to add it to my to-read list on Goodreads!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Sounds amazing. I really need to read it when it comes out. Great pick!
    Em
    My WOW
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this book before. It sounds different and interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    New follower.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete