Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NYSC: Top 15 Books I'm Anticipating in 2012





This list was part of my New Year's Signature Collection event.
Watch out for more lists, reviews of January releases, author interviews, and more.

The idea for this list came from Misty at Book Rat who hosts a weekly book chat on bookish topics. Most Anticipated Books of 2012 was a topic from a few weeks ago. I had to stop at 15, otherwise I might go on forever.

Links go to goodreads, so you can go read the summary and add them to your own lists :) In no particular order:


Insurgent by Veronica Roth (May release)
The second book in the Divergent series. Divergent was my favourite book of 2011, so I can't wait for this one!

This One Time With Julia by David Lampson (February release)
A mystery romance from a male perspective. Sounds awesome.

Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic (January release)
About a boy who is dying from cancer. This one sounds so beautiful and heart breaking.

Perception by Kim Harrington (March release)
The second book in the Clarity series. I enjoyed the style of the first and it ended with some forshadowing I'm excited about.

Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf (April release)
A girl needs to deal with any involvement she may have had in the car crash that killed her boyfriend.

Wuftoom by Mary G. Thompson (May release)
A book about metamorphasis. A crazy unique concept. You need to read the summary of this one to understand what I mean :)

Arise by Tara Hudson (June release)
What happens next in the Hereafter series? I'm especially interested in the story of the netherworld and what Amelia will do with that.

Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire (July release)
A paralell universe and a little glam. Sounds fabulous!

Jeremy Chikalto and Leviathan Island by T.S. DeBrosee (no release date or goodreads page yet!)
Jeremy Chikato and the Hazy Souls was just insane. Loved the sci-fi world and Jeremy was such a unique character (one that was really hate-able but still didn't get on my nerves). I need to read more stories about Jeremy!

Shadows Cast by Stars by Catherine Knutsson (June release)
A dystopian novel set in British Columbia, dealing with aboriginal issues? I'm totally there!

Radiant Days by Elizabeth Hand (April release)
About art and suicide in two teen lives. The cover really drew me in, but I can't help thinking this one will remind me somewhat of Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly, one of my favourite reads in 2011. Hope I'm right about this one!


Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral (February release)
This book sounds like a unique experience. Told through images and words, this novel is about the ascent into madness and the reader is, supposedly, left to decide what is real and what is not.

Dead to You by Lisa McMann (February release)
About an abducted boy returned to his family years later. I've always been fascinated with this plot-line and I'm interested to see how Lisa McMann tells her version of it.

Revived by Cat Patrick (May release)
About a girl who is revived from death over and over again. Sounds gritty, dark, and fun!


Flame of Justice by Rhiannon Paille (October release)
Another sequel to a series I fell in love with in 2011. Looking forward to the upcoming companion novella as well.

I've deliberately left out a few sequels to some series I'm reading because I haven't read their last release yet. I'm sure I will be adding a ton more books to this list throughout the year!



10 comments:

  1. "Revived" sounds interesting. :D Good luck getting every title in your list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I definitely can't wait for Insurgent! Totally one of my top "can't wait!!!" picks. Perception should be good, as well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revived by Cat Patrick is on my wishlist! It sounds like something I'd really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oki you have very personnal likes and that's wonderful^^ i have to admit though that i dont anticipated these books ince i don't know them at all
    i will have to do some research now thanks you for the discovery

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book I am waiting for the most is City of Lost Souls. I just love this series so much and of course I have to see what happens with Jace that was one crazy ending. I also can't wait for Toxic by Just Accardo. Touch was amazing and bonus it comes out on my birthday along with other awesome books I'm just so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. I'm looking forward to Insurgent too. So excited about it. Perception and Never Eighteen sounds good. I added it to my list. Thanks for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting choice of books,the book I'm anticipating is The Selection by Keira Cass.

    Malvina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your choices! I'm also looking forward to Insurgent and Never Eighteen. Now I'm going to check out the other books mentioned, which I haven't heard about before. Happy reading!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many good books coming out this year. I just wish there was more time in the day to read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for Insurgent either!! I also can't wait for BZRK (Michael Grant) and Shadows (Ilsa Bick)! :D

    Ana @ BookSpark

    ReplyDelete