Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NYSC: List: Top 10 Reads of 2011


Here are my Top 10 young adult reads of 2011. I've just made a simple list. Click on the book title to read my full review. Please feel free to share your own in the comments!


Divergent by Veronica Roth

From my review:
"I am completely and utterly in love with Veronica Roth's distopian society."



Hereafter by Tara Hudson

From my review:
"It was wonderful to watch Amelia and Joshua as they discovered the answers to their mysteries."



Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke

From my review:
"Flying Blind has everything a dragon loving, shape-shifting, romantic girl who loves adventure, fun, and epic tales could want in a book."




Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

From my review:
"Oh Anna...wonderful, sweet, darling Anna. I love you!"



Matched by Ally Condie

From my review:
This book was not reviewed, as it was read before the blog started out. I absolutely loved it. Reminded me of something akin to 1984.



The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

From my review:
"In short: The perfect zombie book. Reeking of desperation and misery, holding up dreams, and championing the hope we all carry in our hearts."



Because I Am Furniture by Thalia Chaltas

From my review:
"The verse that the story is written in was just perfect...It has movement and rhythm and makes an impression on the soul."



Flame of Surrender by Rhiannon Paille

From my review:
"I totally and completely lost myself in this book. The world was comforting, compelling, and yet there was something so mysterious and possibly dangerous about it."


Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

From my review:
"It's a powerful description of one girl's emotional turmoil, one of history's saddest moments, and the smallest victories of an 18th century girl who learns more lessons about life and politics than one should ever hope to."




Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

From my review:
Not yet reviewed. This book was so much fun. Another really great fantasy for you all to check out!




This list was part of my New Year's Signature Collection event.
Watch out for more lists, reviews of January releases, author interviews, and more.





4 comments:

  1. I'll be reading Divergent soon! It has been sitting on my shelf for some time now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've not read any of these book yet but i have flying blind waiting for me so i hope i won't be dissapointed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I've only read Matched by Ally Condie from this list, but plan on reading Divergent and Anna, Flying Blind and Anna and the French Kiss soon:)

    Happy New Year!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Anna and the French Kiss and loved the book. I'll probably read Divergent soon since it's highly recommended.

    Malvina

    ReplyDelete