Friday, January 20, 2012

New Year's Interview with a blogger: Mocha from A Cupcake and a Latte


This New Year's I've asked a few bloggers to come and share some of their reflections and goals with us. Today I'm interviewing Mocha from A Cupcake and a Latte. Check out what she has to say about her most memorable reads, books she's looking forward to, and evil cupcakes.




Q. What are your top three most memorable reads (good or bad) of 2011?

My top three most memorable reads for 2011 are;
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Modelland by Tyra Banks 
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs 

Both Anna Dressed in Blood and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children amazed me beyond words. They were both unique, exciting, and phenomenal. Modelland, however, was one particular 2011 read that didn't strike me at all positively. In fact, my experience was exceptionally negative, therefore making it one of my "bad" memorable 2011 reads.

Q. What three books are you most looking forward to reading in 2012?

My three upcoming 2012 highly anticipated reads;
Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
Blazing the Trial by Deborah Cooke 
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake is the highly anticipated sequel to one of my most memorable 2011 reads, Anna Dressed in Blood. Blazing the Trial is another one that I'm super excited about, being written by one of my all-time favorite authors Deborah Cooke. The Immortal Rules is one I'm really interested in learning more about. It's the brand new series by the best selling author of my beloved Iron Fey series!

Q.There’s an old prophecy based on the Mayan calendar which says 2012 will bring in the end of days. 2012 is also a good year for dystopian and apocalyptic reads. If you were to write a story, what do you think you’d have “cause” the apocalypse (or society’s downfall)?

I totally agree, 2012 is a very big year for post-apocalyptic reads. There are so many coming out that sound so wonderful that I'm finding myself having a hard time keeping up! 

If I were to write a dystopian title, the cause of my apocalypse would most likely be the rise of evil zombie cupcakes. Yes, evil scientifically engineered zombie cupcakes...with...lasers! (Jeez, how predictable am I?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment