Sunday, January 1, 2012

My December Blog-a-thon Wrap Up


As December has now ended, I'm reflecting on my personal blog-a-thon. I had a goal to prepare as much for 2012 as possible ahead of time. That way, I'd have more room for extra reviews and reading time in the new year. Doing this blog-a-thon really made me think about what I wanted to accomplish in 2012. And that is...to plan more ahead of time! It really does make blogging more fun. But also...more reviews. The joy of reading should always be the #1 focus of my blog, and reviews are an amazing way to share that joy.

I planned a ton of interviews and guest posts. I even signed up for a guest post on another blog, something I hadn't given myself the opportunity to do much of. I hope to find more fun ways to interact in the book blog community. It just makes it more personal and I love getting to know more people.

Overall, I read 8 books for review in 2012 and started 4 more. I have a few of those reviews written already and look forward to sharing them all with you. I also set up about 15 guest posts from authors and bloggers, scheduled a lot of posts into blogger, and more. The best thing I've done though is plan out exactly what day posts will appear in January. This has taken the guess-work out of what I should post when. I can clearly see in front of me what makes sense and what doesn't.

The blog-a-thon was a great experiment and I will be taking that experience and applying it towards how I blog in the future. A great way to end my year!


No comments:

Post a Comment