Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Once again, I am leaving out the Wishlist and TBR memes this Wednesday. I hope you will enjoy my pick for Waiting on Wednesday.

Here's my WoW pick for today:
 

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
 
 
 
Wintertown by Stephen Emond

Release date: December 5, 2011

Every winter, straight-laced, Ivy League bound Evan looks forward to a visit from Lucy, a childhood pal who moved away after her parent's divorce. But when Lucy arrives this year, she's changed. The former "girl next door" now has chopped dyed black hair, a nose stud, and a scowl. But Evan knows that somewhere beneath the Goth, "Old Lucy" still exists, and he's determined to find her... even if it means pissing her off.

Garden State meets Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist in this funny and poignant illustrated novel about opposites who fall in love.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the illustrations, if the cover is any indication of what they'll be like. Love to see a young adult book set in winter. In my opinion, winter is a very underutilized season in fiction. Summer and fall seem to get all the all the airtime. Possibly, I'm just crazy and in a Christmas-y mood and being greedy wanting more at the moment. But I don't think I really am :)

What are YOU waiting on this Wednesday?


3 comments:

  1. Ooh, this book sounds great! I should really add it to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick I'm really intrigued by this one!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks cute!!

    here's my WOW post! I follow you here, will you stop by?! :)

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete