Saturday, November 12, 2011

Friday Teasers: Book Beginnings and The Friday 56


Here is your Friday Teasers for this week. Enjoy! The book I am teasing you with is...


The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Book Beginnings


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by A Few More Pages where we answer the question, "So, what is the first line of your current read, and how did you like it?"

The first line is

I'm standing in a river. It's blue. Dark blue. Reflecting the color of the evening sky.

My impression: 

My first thought is how beautiful flow of the description is. I really love how Ally Condie breaks it down. First giving us the blue, then the darkness, then the colour of the sky. I'm not even thinking about why he's standing in a river until afterwards.

The Friday 56



is hosted by Freda's Voice
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.


*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.

It's that simple.



On page 56 of Crossed by Ally Condie: 
"What are you doing?" Indie asks softly behind me. I didn't hear her coming across the room, and I almost jump but I catch myself in time.

   
I hope you are sufficiently "teased". So, what's your Book Beginning? What about your 56? 

2 comments:

  1. interesting cover! i love the imagery of your teasers too!

    http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.com/2011/11/friday-56-in-high-fidelity.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to get a copy of Matched.

    ReplyDelete