Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Book In Review: Spirit Storm (Spirit Guide #2) by E.J. Stevens

Cover:



Publisher:

Sacred Oaks Press

Summary:

"Let the spirits guide you, but never let them take you."

Spirits of the Dead are coming...

Yuki is about to face an army of lost souls on Samhain, the night of Halloween, when the spirits of the dead roam free. Yuki will need all the help she can get from her friends, but will Calvin be there for her when she needs him the most? 


Why I Read This:

I read the first book and enjoyed it. I wanted to see what would happen next.

Thoughts:

In the second book to E.J. Stevens Spirit Guide series we get just a little more guidance from the spirit world.

I wasn't sure what to expect when starting of Spirit Storm. She Smells the Dead lived up to all my expectations, except in totally different ways than I imagined. I was happy to see all the main ingredients come back - the Yuki/Calvin relationship, the focus on Yuki's strange smelling abilities, Emma's crazy personality, and of course...more werewolves. I really liked what E.J. Steven's brought back here - for the most part. I love the direction Yuki's and Calvin's relationship is heading. Very supportive and discovering who they are - what they mean to each other both spirtually and in a boy-girl sort of way. I absolutely loved all the werewolf stuff and seeing how it ties into all the spirtual goings-on was really awesome. What I didn't like this time was Emma. The way she's into a guy one second and then not the next second or flirting with boys at the same time she is telling them off was all rather annoying to me. I also wasn't a huge fan of Simon, but well, I did like what he brought to the story and felt he served an important role.

What was new? The introduction to the witches was fantastic. I liked Yuki and Simon's break-in to their store and feel the potential for interesting plots in the future is great. Yuki finds a way to control the impact the smells have on her mentally and physically. With Samhain coming, many spirits will seek her out to help them cross over. The best part of this plotline for me was seeing Yuki's anticipation and seeing if she would find a way to cope. I'm not sure the actual event made a big enough impact, but felt the book overall had a great vibe and enough other things happening to keep me interested.

Looking forward to seeing what happens in the next installment!  

Rating:



Disclaimer:

I received a free e-copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.

Related Posts:

Book in Review: She Smells the Dead (Spirit Guide #1) by E.J. Stevens
Interview with E.J. Stevens




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the covers of this series! I saw them for the first time just a few weeks ago and had my eye on them since. Great review!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete