Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday + Update + Free Kindle Books!


Hi everyone. Usually I do more than just WoW on Wednesdays but I need to cut this one a bit short so I'm keeping it simple (explanation below).

Here's my WoW pick for today:


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Release date: November 15, 2011

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.

Doesn't this sound amazing? I just have to read it! 

What's are you waiting for this week?


Update:

The short story is this - my internet connection is absolutely horrible. It has taken me so long to do anything of value at all this week. Basically, the cable company destroyed our area's connection (and by area I mean our entire city) and they are taking their sweet time acknowledging the problem. The internet by my house is really really bad. I can't even watch Youtube videos and it takes 2-3 tries to open some of my emails. So I've had a tough time getting my stuff up this week. I have a lot to share though. Lots of reviews to post when I figure out how to get this done really fast again! 

I am at the very least posting my Halloween treats from E.J. Stevens, so come back tomorrow for a little surprise! (Okay...pseudo-surprise :)) And don't forget to enter my Spooktacular Giveaway!

And psst...some free books were listed on @YAKindleDeals today! And tons from last week are still free so make sure to check them out if you're interested.


5 comments:

  1. Oh great pick! I read this last month and it's a fantastic read!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited for this one too! I can't wait :) Sorry about your internet, hope it's better soon!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. shatter me is AMAZING. the writing is just ridiculously beautiful :)

    I follow you! here's my WOW post, I hope you'll stop by and follow me if you haven't already, and let me know what you think of mine!!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/wow-masque-of-red-death.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I read Shatter Me this weekend. It was MIND-BLOWING and AMAZING. It's a perfectly wonderful pick for Waiting on Wednesday!

    ~Asheley (Into the Hall of Books)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe I would die if my internet cut out on me like that.

    ....or at least get more laundry done.

    ANYWAY, great choice! I hadn't heard of it but I'm definitely adding it to my TBR pile :)

    My WOW

    Jess
    The Romanceaholic

    ReplyDelete