Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! (Top 5 Reads This Year...So Far)



Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers!

Today I'd like to share with you the top 5 books I am thankful for having the opportunity to read this year so far.


1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Incredible! I couldn't stop thinking about this book when I wasn't reading it and I even managed to include a Divergent dream in there while I wasn't awake to be reading :P This is a dystopian you wont want to miss.
My review | Amazon

2. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
A surprise for me as I not only misjudged what it was about but had also not seen all the good reviews for it. It was such an emotionally captivating and gut-wrenching book. It made me feel sad for the zombies and scared for the people all at the same time.
My review | Amazon

3. Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke
I love dragons! More specifically, humans who can shape-shift into dragons. This one was just so fun to read. I loved the characters and the writing style. It makes me smile just thinking about it.
My review | Amazon

4. Because I Am Furniture by Thalia Chaltas
This was one of the first times I tried out a novel-in-verse and Thalia Chaltas just got me completely hooked. Loved the verse and the story. It made me cry and want to fight for the characters. A very touching story.
My review | Amazon

5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
No list would be complete without mention of this book! Anna was so magical, so dreamy, and just plain fun. It wasn't my usual type of read but I'm so happy that I tried it out because it is now one of my favourite YA reads ever.
My review | Amazon


All of these books received a 5/5 rating from me. To see my honourable mentions scroll down the page and look for my Amazing Reads 2011 and Also Recommeded sections on the sidebar.


Have a marvelous day :)


4 comments:

  1. I really think I'm one of the only people left who hasn't had the pleasure of reading Divergent or Anna and the French Kiss, but I'm sure they'll be great when I do get to read them. HOWEVER, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the Carrie Ryan books. She has such an unusual way of making a post-apocalyptic zombie book seem beautiful and emotional. Those are some of my favorite books ever.

    ~Asheley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all sound fabulous and I haven't read any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I tried to comment but blogger ate it. Let me try again!

    'Divergent' is definitely one of my favourites as well! I really loved it and I want to re-read it. I technically read 'Anna' for the first time in 2010, but I've re-read it twice this year so I think I can count it as a favourite too. 'Jellicoe Road' would also be up there for me, since I now count it as one of my all-time faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't aware of how awesome Jellico Road is until recently. Suddenly everyone is talking about it! Next time it goes on sale at The Book Depository I plan on buying it.

    ReplyDelete