Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Books I Don't Have: Waiting on Wednesday, On My Wishlist, and Recently TBR'd


Here are all my memes I'm participating in which I can highlight books I want to read, own, or am coveting. Enjoy!

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



The Future of Us by Jay Asher
Release date: November 21, 2011


It's 1996, and less than half of all American high school students have ever used the Internet.

Emma just got her first computer and an America Online CD-ROM.

Josh is her best friend. They power up and log on--and discover themselves on Facebook, fifteen years in the future.

Everybody wonders what their Destiny will be. Josh and Emma are about to find out.

This one sounds like a fun nostalgia trip back to the 90's. I wasn't in high school yet, but I do remember those days getting our first computer and internet and all the America Online free trial CDs that came in the mail.


On My Wishlist




On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.

Today I'm highlighting an older addition to my wishlist.



Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
St. Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger. . . .
 

Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever.

This one is always out at the library...or I'll find it there and nab it but can't get to it before the three weeks are up. So I added it to my wishlist. Eventually I'll buy it and read it whenever I can fit it in. I love the pretty red covers on The Book Depository. They're kind of out of stock at the moment though so if you want to buy them you'll have to put your email in the notification box.

You can see my full wishlist here.  


Recently TBR'd

Here is an older addition to my "to-be-read" list on Goodreads:



Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson

Once upon a time there was a girl who was special.

This is not her story.

Unless you count the part where I killed her.


Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?

 You can see my full TBR list here.



So, what are you waiting for? What's on your wishlist? What have you added recently? Leave me a comment or a link for me to check out :)
 
ps. Don't forget to check out my current giveaway for 13 On Halloween by Laura A. H. Elliot. US/Can and international. Ends Thursday night!

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading The Future of Us as well. It sounds like such a great contemporary novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished The Future of Us and really enjoyed it. I'm doing a giveaway of the ARC next week if you want to stop by.

    Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each of these are on my TBR! In particular, I kinda feel like I'm one of the few people left on the planet who haven't read the Vampire Academy books. :)

    ~Asheley @ Into the Hall of Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited about the Future of Us too. I loved his first novel. Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. deff looks awesome!! jay asher is so talented!
    I follow you here, and love the blog! I hope you'll stop by mine and see my WOW pick?! You can also enter my author group's latest giveaway for some signed books, and let me know a book you've tread and loved recently! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete