Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Books I Don't Have: Waiting on Wednesday, On My Wishlist, and Recently TBR'd


Here are all my memes I'm participating in which I can highlight books I want to read, own, or am coveting. Enjoy!



Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



Crossed (Matched #2) by Ally Condie

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

  I seriously can't wait to get ahold of my copy! Matched is definitely in my top 10 reads of 2011 so far and I'm so excited to see what happens to Cassia next. I can't even express how much I want this right now. It's getting so close to the release date that I'm starting to get jumpy. I just hope it lives up to my expectations.


On My Wishlist







On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.

Today I'm highlighting an older addition to my wishlist.



Bruiser by Neal Shusterman

"There’s a reason why Brewster can’t have friends – why he can’t care about too many people. Because when he cares about you, things start to happen. Impossible things that can’t be explained. I know, because they're happening to me."

When Brontë starts dating Brewster “Bruiser” Rawlins – the guy voted “Most Likely to Get the Death Penalty” her twin brother, Tennyson, isn’t surprised. But then strange things begin to occur. Tennyson and Brontë’s scrapes heal unnaturally fast, and cuts disappear before their eyes. What at first seems like their good fortune turns out to be more than they bargained for…much more.


Award-winning author Neal Shusterman has crafted a chilling and unforgettable novel about the power of unconditional friendship, the complex gear workings of a family, and the sacrifices we endure for the people we love.

I've actually read this book already. So far it's my only Neal Shusterman read but I was impressed, giving it a 4/5 (there is no review on the blog since it is a pre-blog read). But the more I think about it, the more I want to reread it. I'd love to have a copy on my shelves to look through whenever the mood strikes!

You can see my full wishlist here.


Recently TBR'd

Here is a recent addition to my "to-be-read" list on Goodreads:





Heist Society by Ally Carter




When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected.

Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.

For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.

This one looks pretty fun. I've heard a lot of great things about this series lately.


You can see my full TBR list here.



So, what are you waiting for? What's on your wishlist? What have you added recently? Leave me a comment or a link for me to check out :)


5 comments:

  1. You know, I still haven't read Matched. *sigh*. My TBR list is too long.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't WAIT for Crossed!!! I need to know what happens!!! I love that series :) Good pick!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! nice to meet you XD
    *new follower* =)

    Amazing pick my dear!! I cant wait for Crossed sniff!!! Love Matched with all the poser of my heart ^_^

    I also want to invite you to my great international giveaway! there are 12 amazing titles you can choose from!
    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn-giveaway.html

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crossed is SO good- you're going to love it! It was better than Matched, in my opinion :)

    And definitely read Heist Society - it's really good! I love Ally Carter's books, although I'm more partial to the Gallagher Girls series myself.

    Good picks this week!

    My WoW at Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  5. My WOW this week is Allie Condie too!!!

    ReplyDelete