Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm waiting on:
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
Release date: September 29, 2011

Summary:

The day Louisiana teenager Rory Deveaux arrives in London marks a memorable occasion. For Rory, it's the start of a new life at a London boarding school. But for many, this will be remembered as the day a series of brutal murders broke out across the city, gruesome crimes mimicking the horrific Jack the Ripper events of more than a century ago. 


Soon “Rippermania” takes hold of modern-day London, and the police are left with few leads and no witnesses. Except one. Rory spotted the man police believe to be the prime suspect. But she is the only one who saw him. Even her roommate, who was walking with her at the time, didn't notice the mysterious man. So why can only Rory see him? And more urgently, why has Rory become his next target? In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, full of suspense, humor, and romance, Rory will learn the truth about the secret ghost police of London and discover her own shocking abilities.

6 comments:

  1. This one does look good. I have seen a lot about it and I love the title. I look forward to reading this. New follower!
    Check out my WOW
    http://lostinyawonderland.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-and-other-hump-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this one as a WoW awhile back and I am so excited to read it! There's something very eerie yet captivating about Jack the Ripper stories, probably because he's become such a classic urban horror legend! Thanks for sharing! :)

    You can see my WoW for this week at the link below-- Happy Reading!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of this one and I've heard so many good things about it! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for The Name of the Star too! It sounds SO GOOD. I'm trying to resist reading the sneak peak into the novel because I'm afraid I won't be able to stop reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maureen Johnson, Jack the Ripper, AND London? Sign me up! Great pick! Here's <a href="http://booklightgraveyard.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-past-perfect.html>my WoW</a>, if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete