Sunday, September 18, 2011

Under-Cover Sundays (12): All These Things I've Done



 
Today's under cover book is All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin. As a frame of reference for why some of these are so great (for those of you who've never heard of some of these books or have forgotten what they are about), I thought it might be important to start sharing the dust jacket covers and the book summaries in these posts. So here we go!


Dust Jacket & Summary:




In 2083, chocolate and coffee are illegal, paper is hard to find, water is carefully rationed, and New York City is rife with crime and poverty. And yet, for Anya Balanchine, the sixteen-year-old daughter of the city's most notorious (and dead) crime boss, life is fairly routine. It consists of going to school, taking care of her siblings and her dying grandmother, trying to avoid falling in love with the new assistant D.A.'s son, and avoiding her loser ex-boyfriend. That is until her ex is accidently poisoned by the chocolate her family manufactures and the police think she's to blame. Suddenly, Anya finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight--at school, in the news, and most importantly, within her mafia family.

Under the cover!





It's a chocolate bar! And it's Anya's family's brand of chocolate too. If you can't read it, it says "Balanchine Special Dark". Isn't that awesome? I have a feeling I'm going to gain at least five pounds while reading this book. In fact...I want chocolate right now just looking at these photos. Yep...I'm a junky!





5 comments:

  1. Holy wow! That is awesome! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without the cover it looks more interesting. They should've publish it like that. And with the book purchase, a bar of chocolate. Is only fair! (laughs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh that is BRILLIANT! The copy I read was an ARC so I hadn't seen under the cover before now. That is just SO cool. I love it when publishers actually get creative like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool book! Is it brown? My monitor shows it as purple? Either way, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silver Thistle - It's brown, like a little bit darker than milk chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete