Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Books I Don't Have: Waiting on Wednesday, On My Wishlist, and Recently TBR'd


Here are all my memes I'm participating in which I can highlight books I want to read, own, or am coveting. Enjoy!



Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Release date: October 18, 2011

It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.

At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.

Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn’t given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.

Sounds like a very adventurous fantasy! I love the idea of Puck being the first girl to ride in the Scorpio Races. Sounds like just about anything could happen in this one!

On My Wishlist






On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.

Today I'm highlighting a recent addition to my wishlist.



The Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
 Everybody gets to be supermodel gorgeous. What could be wrong with that? Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. Not for her license -- for turning pretty. In Tally's world, your sixteenth birthday brings an operation that turns you from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there. But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world -- and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever.

I haven't read The Uglies series yet. I know...I really should. So I added all four of them to my wishlist this week because I think they sound amazing and will be the kind of books I want to have on my shelves to reread or pass on to my child(ren) one day. I added the newest paperback versions with the white covers. I just think they look awesome. Although very creepy at the same time.

You can see my full wishlist here.


Recently TBR'd

I did not add very many books to my TBR list this week so I have decided to highlight just one from my previous additions:


Ripple by Mandy Hubbard

Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. Each day she goes to school like a normal teenager, and each night she must swim, or the pain will be unbearable. She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After a terrible tragedy, Lexi shut herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school who may have the power to melt her icy exterior, and a handsome water spirit who says he can break Lexi's curse if she gives up everything else. Lexi is faced with the hardest decision she's ever had to make: the life she's always longed for - or the love she can't live without?


I haven't read very many stories that feature mermaids or mermaid-like creatures (in this case, sirens) but I like the way this sounds - all dark and mysterious.

You can see my full TBR list here.



So, what are you waiting for? What's on your wishlist? What have you added recently? Leave me a comment or a link for me to check out :)

8 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! You should definitely read Shiver though. It's excellent!

    I've tried a few times to Westerfield's series, but haven't been able to get into them. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent WoW choice!!

    And I hope you enjoy UGLIES. I super loved!! The SPECIALS was my fav of the series :)

    Thanks for visiting Paranormal Wastelands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Pick! Scorpio Races was on my WOW a few weeks ago! - Thanks for stopping by, New Follower!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I want your WoW book too! Love Stiefvater! And Uglies... OMG! If you haven't read Uglies you need to! It's one of my favorite series! I've read them a few times :)
    Thanks for stopping by, New follower :0

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I can't wait for the Scorpio Races! I love Maggie's books. I have read the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld and enjoyed it, I hope you like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh great picks! I really enjoyed the Uglies series. Scorpio races is on my TBR list as well.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Don't forget to enter my giveaway for an ARC of Legend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Pawing Through Books! I just recently bought the Uglies series and cannot wait to get to them! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uglies is awesome! I'd definitely recommend you read it when you have the chance :)

    ReplyDelete