Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm waiting on:
 
 Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Publication date: September 29, 2011

Summary:

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door. 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my WoW haha. Yes! I cannot wait to meet Lola either! :D Excellent choice, only about a month and a few days to go!

    RJ @ RJ Does Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Pawing Through Books. I have heard great things about this one. I have it on my wishlist as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard about this book. Gonna have to read it when it comes out!

    Here's my WoW

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved ANNA, and am so, so excited for LOLA! is it September yet? :D

    great pick!

    my WOW: http://gypsybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this one loads today! It really must be good, I am definitely going to have to read her first book

    My Wow

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really looking forward to this one too! I loved Anna and the French Kiss, so hoping Lola will be just as good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh heck yes. I don't often get ARC envy (I figure whenever I read a book, I read a book, so there's no point getting upset about it), but for 'Lola'? Oh yah. Now that people have been posting reviews it actually makes me sad when I see them, haha, because I wish I could read it ASAP.

    P.S. Thanks for the very sweet comment on my blogoversary post. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Desperately want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so EXCITED for Lola and the Boy Next Door too! I loved Anna and the French Kiss... and the early reviews for the novel all seem to be praising it! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Anna and the French Kiss yet, but everyone is raving about it and this one as well! Great pick! :)

    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete