Saturday, August 27, 2011

On My Wishlist: Heidi by Johanna Spyri


Note: On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.

This week I am featuring:



Heidi by Johanna Spyri

I have never read Heidi before. Yet, it's a classic that I have always wanted to read and it's also a very inexpensive one in most cases. Why haven't I picked this up yet is beyond me. Maybe soon!

Here is the summary:

Heidi is five when she is sent to live with her grandfather in his lonely hut in the Alps. She quickly grows to love her carefree life with him in the mountain air, and the old man comes to love her, too. They are both unhappy when Heidi is sent away again, to a family in town, but she soon manages to get home to her Alps - and to share her happiness with her new friends.


5 comments:

  1. I never read and I don't eve time I've seen the movie, but it one of those books/movies that people know at least something about it :-)

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great choice.

    When I was a kid I loved the Heidi movie and today my little niece is watching and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute cover for Heidi. This week I'm wishing for a new book by Sarah Weeks. Please come see what it is.

    ReplyDelete