Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blog Tour: Character Interview with Callie from Elemental Reality


Hi everyone. Today I’m talking to Callie from Elemental Reality. Glad to have you today, Callie!


(Smiles brightly and waves) Hey guys!


When you were 10 years old, your mother disappeared. How were able to cope with this loss? What did you think happened to her?

Honestly, I wasn’t very good at coping with it. I isolated myself in my room and started buying books to keep my mind busy. That’s why we built my library. At first I thought she just abandoned us, stopped loving us. As I grew older I started searching for her but I always came to a dead-end. Then I thought she was dead.


You have an entire room in your house just for your books. How amazing is that? I'm so jealous! So...what are some of your favourite books from your shelves?

It’s wicked amazing! I’m just so in love with my library. Don’t be jealous. You can totally come visit me sometime and I’ll give you a tour of it. (taps chin, thinking) Right now I’m loving Kelley Armstrong’s Darkest Powers series and book one of the Darkness Rising series. I’m dying for book two!


You say you are socially awkward. How are you able to balance your "awkwardness" and real life? Can you tell us about a time you felt really embarrassed. How did you get over what happened?

I force myself to balance it. It wasn’t always bad but the more I spent in my room or library the worse it got. I’d say it’s a happy-medium now. My words used to jumble when I got nervous. It happened in one of my college classes. The professor asked me a question and everyone turned—I was in the back of the class—and stared at me. I hadn’t looked over anything from the night before and my mind went blank. I went to say the first thing that popped into my head and it came out like “bkdbfjdsbfjdsfbjsfvbsjfd.” I never felt my face burn that bad before. I gulped, chuckled nervously, then said “Just kidding. I have no idea.” There were a few laughs from the other students and an angry glare from the professor before he moved on.


Can you tell us a little secret about yourself? Any secret at all. Big or small.

I have a tattoo no one knows about. I hope my dad doesn’t see this!


If you had the choice of becoming any magical being, which one would you pick?

I would totally be a mermaid! With a pink and black fin and white hair. Oh my God, that’d be awesome.


Let's play a game. I'll list a few things and you tell me which one you'd pick if you had the choice.:

chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate
cake, pie, ice cream: Cake
horror, comedy, action, or drama: Horror
red, blue, black, or white: Black
kids or no kids: Kids
a teleporter or a time travelling machine: Teleporter baby!
a dragon or a unicorn: Unicorn


One last question. Are you aware that a woman named Cesya has written your story down in a book for all of us to read?

Say what now? My life isn’t that interesting. I doubt anyone would want to read about it unless it were a fantasy.

That’s it. Thank you for sharing with us today, Callie!




Elemental Reality is the first book in the Elemental Series by Cesya MaRae Cuono

When Callie Pierce was ten, her mother disappeared without a trace. On the eve of her disappearance twelve years later, the Earth seemingly comes alive. The elements speak to Callie, and that's only the beginning. Everything she has ever known was a twisted fabrication to protect her. Now the truth is set free. Callie and her sister are more powerful than any Faerie ever born. Now they have to use their powers to save their mother and family from the evil hands of fate that threaten to tear them apart. Welcome to her elemental reality.

Elemental Reality is available from Revolution Publishing at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. You can also find it on Goodreads.




 About the author:

 Cesya MaRae Cuono hails from a small town in northeastern Pennsylvania. She is a graduate of Alvernia University where she majored in Business Administration and also received her certificate of Multi-Media & Production makeup from Cosmix School of Makeup Artistry. You can find any updates from Cesya on her websites at www.cesyacuonobooks.blogspot.com or www.facebook.com/cesyamaraecuono

With that said, she'd like to leave you with this advice: Ideas pop into your head at the strangest of times. Don't let them go. Write them down right away and try to make a story out of it. Who knows, it may be worth while.






2 comments:

  1. Great interview. Love learning more about the characters, makes me want to read this book even more. :D Hmmm it has me also wondering where this tattoo is. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sassy :) You got me wondering where her tattoo is now...

    ReplyDelete