Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm waiting on:
 
 
Witchlanders by Lena Coakley

Release date: August 30th 2011

Summary:

High in their mountain covens, red witches pray to the Goddess, protecting the Witchlands by throwing the bones and foretelling the future. 



It’s all a fake.

At least, that’s what Ryder thinks. He doubts the witches really deserve their tithes—one quarter of all the crops his village can produce. And even if they can predict the future, what danger is there to foretell, now that his people’s old enemy, the Baen, has been defeated?

But when a terrifying new magic threatens both his village and the coven, Ryder must confront the beautiful and silent witch who holds all the secrets. Everything he’s ever believed about witches, the Baen, magic and about himself will change, when he discovers that the prophecies he’s always scorned—
Are about him.



9 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on this one today too! I'm also currently reading it. It's worth the wait. So good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO looking forward to reading this one. Sounds awesome!

    New follower :-)

    Jessi @ Reading in the Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....sounds very interesting! Inescapable & ominous prophecies are always fun to read about...lol.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lots of people seem to have this as their pick. Sounds really good. :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard great things about this book! I also love books about witches and it sounds amazing :) Great choice! Come see what I'm waiting for:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice this one sounds really good, I love a good fantasy novel


    My WoW

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! That last line just did me in! Added immediately to my TBR list. :D

    Here is my WoW:
    Amy's Book Den

    ReplyDelete
  8. new follower!
    this looks like a great read! can't wait to check it out!

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-4-night-circus.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cannot wait for this one - it looks so good.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-27.html

    ReplyDelete