Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm waiting on:


Goliath by Scott Westerfeld

Release date: August 29


*SPOILER ALERT* This is the third book in the series so if you don't want to know any potential spoilers please refrain from looking at the summary below.


Summary:
Alek and Deryn are on the last leg of their round-the-world quest to end World War I, reclaim Alek’s throne as prince of Austria, and finally fall in love. The first two objectives are complicated by the fact that their ship, the Leviathan, continues to detour farther away from the heart of the war (and crown). And the love thing would be a lot easier if Alek knew Deryn was a girl. (She has to pose as a boy in order to serve in the British Air Service.) And if they weren’t technically enemies.

The tension thickens as the Leviathan steams toward New York City with a homicidal lunatic on board: secrets suddenly unravel, characters reappear, and nothing is at it seems in this thunderous conclusion to Scott Westerfeld’s brilliant trilogy.


...

The firs two Leviathan books were some of my favourite finds from last year so of course I am really excited to see how it is going to end. If you want to know more about the series you can check out my spoiler free review here.



...

3 comments:

  1. I just picked up Leviathan and I'm really excited to read it. Lovin' Steampunk alternate historical fiction. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I am super ansty to read the final one.
    If you read it before me, would love to hear your feed back on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick. I've really liked this series so I can't wait to see how he wraps it up.

    ReplyDelete