Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
This week I'm waiting on:
 
 
Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke
Release Date: June 7, 2011

Summary:

Zoë Sorensson is perfectly normal, except she's been told she's destined for great things. Zoë's the one female dragon shapeshifter of her kind. But Zoë is at the bottom of the class when it comes to being Pyr and her powers are AWOL, so she's sent to a Pyr boot camp.
Zoë quickly realizes that she has to master her powers yesterday, because the Pyr are in danger and boot camp is a trap. The Mages want to eliminate all shifters and the Pyr are next in line-unless Zoë and her friends can work together and save their own kind.

...

As soon as I saw this I knew I had to have it. I loved Firelight which I had just read and this also sounds like the later Kiesha'ra books as well which I really enjoyed reading. Rarely do I pre-order books but I did so with this one. The only thing is I ordered from The Book Depository so I will still have to wait a week or two after it's release before it's finally in my hands.

~Erika
...

2 comments:

  1. It's my first time hearing about Flying Blind! It's been awhile since I've last read a novel with dragons...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah Cooke also writes dragon books for adults (I just ordered the first in the Dragonfire series). This is her first young adult book! I saw it on The Story Siren in one of her IMMs. I haven't seen it around much elsewhere though.

    ReplyDelete