Saturday, June 18, 2011

On My Wishlist


Note: On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.


This week I am highlighting:



 Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder




Summary:

Restless souls and empty hearts
Brooklyn can't sleep. Her boyfriend, Lucca, died only a year ago, and now her friend Gabe has just died of an overdose. Every time she closes her eyes, Gabe's ghost is there waiting for her. She has no idea what he wants or why it isn't Lucca visiting her dreams.

Nico can't stop. He's always running, trying to escape the pain of losing his brother, Lucca. But when Lucca's ghost begins leaving messages, telling Nico to help Brooklyn, emotions come crashing to the surface.

As the nightmares escalate and the messages become relentless, Nico reaches out to Brooklyn. But neither of them can admit that they're being haunted. Until they learn to let each other in, not one soul will be able to rest.

...

I saw this on someone else's wishlist and added it because I've been loving novels-in-verse a lot lately.

~Erika



2 comments:

  1. Whenever I see the cover art for Chasing Brooklyn I'm reminded of Saving Max. The ARCs used the same cover art but they changed the artwork before the released the book.

    My featured wish is Summer of the Dragon by Don Goodman. Come see why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be confusing. I know for me, I really associate the cover with the book. On Goodreads, I must have the cover I read listed, otherwise sometimes I forget what it is.

    ReplyDelete