Monday, May 9, 2011

What I'm Doing for Sarah Dessen Week



There's an online book blogging event going on this week called "Sarah Dessen Week". This is being hosted by YA Bibliophile and The Reading Housewives of Indianna and if you haven't seen this blog before you should definitely go and check it out. Basically, the event is in honour of Sarah Dessen's newest release What Happened to Goodbye. So there will be lots of posts on the host sites. For those who've signed up to participate the idea is to have at least one special post related to Sarah Dessen and her books (etiher a review, article, meme, or what have you).

So I thought it would be a great way to start off the week to share with you all what I plan to do and explain why I've signed up.

Why I signed up:
I've heard so many incredibly good things about Sarah Dessen's books. I haven't ever picked one up to read one yet though. I'm thinking being involved in this event will motivate me to try out the book I bought last month and fix this problem immediately - even if I'm not fast enough to read the whole thing this week I want to at least start and try it out! 

I am also so excited to finds some new great blogs and more incredible people to read and see what they are doing. I like the idea that we can all participate by posting about the same topic and I'm also excited to see what creative ways some of the bloggers take this challenge.

So what am I doing?
Like I said above, I would really like to start on my first Sarah Dessen book. So I'm leaving the memes open, but I may end up posting a teaser or two and I'm thinking of doing my first "Fragment Friday" vlog! We'll have to see how it goes and how busy my week is.



I have an article planned. Since I haven't read a Sarah Dessen book yet you're probably wondering what on earth I could possibly talk about. You'll have to wait around and see :P

I had planned to post about one Sarah Dessen book each day for my Book of the Day. However, since there aren't enough choices to make it fun and interesting for myself (and it's pretty easy for you all to just go look up which books that this one author has written) I am instead going to posting about contemporary romances in the young adult genre, which is a theme I hear runs through Sarah Dessen's books.

And that's all. Make sure you go and check out the blogs above and especially if you are interested in learning more about Sarah Dessen's books. There is already a giveaway posted on YA Bibliophile for one person to win the whole set of published books.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for participating! I cannot wait to see what you come up with since you haven't read a book of hers yet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn off your computer right now and go to the nearest bookstore or library to get one of Sarah Dessen's books!!! =) Hope you have fun this week and enjoy you first S.D. read!

    Erin @ Quitting My Day Job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I cannot wait to see what you post this week. This is all so very exciting for me, since I've been wanting to read her books for months now. I finally have the perfect excuse and I've already started Lock and Key. So far, I really am enjoying it. :)

    Happy Sarah Dessen Week!
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything of Sarah Dessen's yet either and I've been meaning to forever!

    Congrats, you are officially my inspiration to get reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! We're all starting our first Sarah Dessen reads. Cool.

    ReplyDelete