Saturday, May 21, 2011

On My Wishlist


Note: On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.
I put this one on my wishlist this week:



Mistwood by Leah Cypress
Published: 2010 by HarperCollins

Summary:

The Shifter is an immortal creature bound by an ancient spell to protect the kings of Samorna. When the realm is peaceful, she retreats to the Mistwood. But when she is needed she always comes.


Isabel remembers nothing. Nothing before the prince rode into her forest to take her back to the castle. Nothing about who she is supposed to be, or the powers she is supposed to have.

Prince Rokan needs Isabel to be his Shifter. He needs her ability to shift to animal form, to wind, to mist. He needs her lethal speed and superhuman strength. And he needs her loyalty—because without it, she may be his greatest threat.

Isabel knows that her prince is lying to her, but she can't help wanting to protect him from the dangers and intrigues of the court . . . until a deadly truth shatters the bond between them.

Now Isabel faces a choice that threatens her loyalty, her heart . . . and everything she thought she knew.


6 comments:

  1. This week I actually crossed more wishes off my list than I added. Come see what I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this one as well. Shari over at My Neurotic Book Affair.
    http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2011/05/on-my-wish-list-9-bitter-frost-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting read that I'm looking forward to reading at some point as well. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this hide away some where on the TBR.. It does look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked Mistwood (my review if you're interested). I felt a little disconnected from the MC, but that's sort of the way it's supposed to be. I was really kept guessing the whole book through with all of the various intrigue going on. I hope you enjoy it when you get a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!
    @Small Review - I will check that out.
    @Shari - Thanks for the link. I will check yours out too.

    ReplyDelete