Saturday, May 7, 2011

On My Wishlist


Note: On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.
 
On my wishlist this week is:
Two Moon Princess by Carmen Ferreiro-Esteban

Summary:
In this coming-of-age story set in a medieval kingdom, Andrea is a headstrong princess longing to be a knight who finds her way to modern-day California. But her accidental return to her family's kingdom and a disastrous romance brings war, along with her discovery of some dark family secrets. Readers will love this mix of traditional fantasy elements with unique twists and will identify with Andrea and her difficult choices between duty and desire.
 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
Sounds a bit like the movie Enchanted! It also sounds like great historical fantasy (if that's the right genre to put it in). A mix of fun and edge-of your seat drama adventure. At least that's what I'm hoping! 

~Erika

2 comments:

  1. It will be fun to see how the author pulls this book together with the two different times, but I loved the Kate and Leopold movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember if I saw that movie or not. I will have to check it out. I love stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete