Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby

Theme: Fairy Tale Fortnight Love
Week #1: Fae (April 18-24)

Today's Book of the Day is a Waiting on Wednesday book.


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

I am waiting on:



Summary:


My life seriously couldn’t get any worse.

First, my rightful designation of dragon slayer is STOLEN right out from under me by Curtis Green. Sure, he’s really cute, but that doesn’t give him an excuse.

On top of that, I am assigned to slay fairies. I know what you’re thinking—how hard could it be, right? Wrong! These menacing beasts with their tiny hipster clothes and mocking sarcasm love taunting me. And they won’t STOP!

But the thing that tops my list of stuff to ruin my day? That would be the GIANT KILLER FAIRY that I have to hunt down and slay because I am the only one who can see it. There is someone who can help me. Unfortunately…it’s Curtis. 

 ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

I have to admit, I'm not waiting on hands and knees ready to beg my little heart out. BUT I tend to like the fae books that are us (humans) against them (fae) much more than the ones where we all just get along. I'm pretty sure this stems from my love of the Artemis Fowl series. I am much more excited about this one than any of the others out right now so I thought I'd highlight it in today's post.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!
~Erika


6 comments:

  1. I like the us against them stories too! The original Tinkerbell was a total b**ch, you know. The fairies of lore are not nice creatures... If you want a good us v. them, look at 13 Treasures by Michelle Harrison. I loved it.

    BTW. Following you too. And... I'm also a SAHM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this book sounds pretty B.A. ( if you know what I mean) haha anyways I am going to add this to my every growing pile of TBR books. Thanks for posting this! :)
    p.s. that cover is awesome
    Feel free to stop by my blog if you want too.
    :)
    -Veronica
    http://readbookshavefun.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! I love the premise for this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha this one looks really cute.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick! Looks like such a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one so thanks for putting it on my radar! It sounds cute! =)

    Bailey
    IB Book Blogging

    ReplyDelete