Saturday, April 9, 2011

On My Wishlist: Corsets and Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances (Anthology)

Theme: Steampunk (April 8-14, 2011)

Today's Book of the Day is:



Summary:

Dark, urban fantasies come to life in the newest collection of Steampunk stories, Corsets & Clockwork. Young heroes and heroines battle evils with the help of supernatural or super-technological powers, each individual story perfectly balancing historical and fantastical elements. Throw in epic romances that transcend time, and this trendy, engrossing anthology is sure to become another hit for the fast-growing Steampunk genre!

This collection features some of the hottest writers in the teen genre, including: Ann Aguirre, Jaclyn Dolamore, Tessa Gratton, Frewin Jones, Caitlin Kittredge, Adrienne Kress, Lesley Livingston, Dru Pagliassotti, Dia Reeves, Michael Scott, Maria V. Snyder, Tiffany Trent, and Kiersten White


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼


I'm really starting to get into this genre. The problem is that for me, a lot of the time steampunk can sound like books for guys. It's nice to see something romancey that will appeal to us females and perhaps get more of us into the genre.

Note: On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

~Erika
 

9 comments:

  1. Oh woah! Look at all those authors all in one book! Looks and sounds amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it will be as good as you hope it will be when you get it. Check out what is On My Wishlist this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this sounds so wonderful! and you're not the only one who is drawn to steampunk YA novels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of the issues I had with steampunk up until recently - not romancey enough. It's been nice to see some more "mainstream" romance & YA authors get into the genre so it feels a little safer to wade into the water. :)

    This looks like a really good collection, I hadn't seen this yet. It definitely is going on my wishlist.

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week's feature wish is a picture book about a construction site. Come see why I added it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a cool book. I've read a couple of steampunky things (even though at first I thought they were boy-ish) and really liked them.
    Following you from book blogs now :)
    -kathy
    www.readthisinstead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like steampunk and am looking forward to this book, especially since the steampunk I've been reading lately isn't so hot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been eye-ing this one too. yay for steampunk ;-D

    ReplyDelete