Saturday, March 26, 2011

On My Wishlist: Miles from Ordinary by Carol Lynch Williams

Theme: Realistic Contemporary Fiction (March 23-30)

Today's Book of the Day is:


Miles from Ordinary by Carol Lynch Williams


Summary:

Thirteen-year-old Lacey wakes to a beautiful summer morning excited to begin her new job at the library, just as her mother is supposed to start work at the grocery store. Lacey hopes that her mother's ghosts have finally been laid to rest; after all, she seems so much better these days, and they really do need the money. But as the hours tick by and memories come flooding back, a day full of hope spins terrifyingly out of control....


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼


This book looks really good. It's short. And it's got an amazing cover. I've been seeing so many people get this in their hauls and In My Mailboxes. And I'm so jealous!!!

Note: On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

~Erika
 

2 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the cover, before I scrolled down, I was thinking, "I've seen so many people get this!" lol It does sound good, doesn't it? I hope you get your hands on it soon. :)

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sounds good. Onto the wishlist it goes!

    I am revamping how I do the wishlist meme. Come see what's different.

    ReplyDelete